The Greater Bethesda-Chevy Chase community stretches from the District of Columbia (DC) line to beyond the Capital Beltway. It is comprised of the communities of downtown Bethesda, North Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Friendship Heights and portions of Cabin John, Potomac and Rockville.
With a population of more than 63,000, Bethesda has become one of the most sought after communities to call home due to its easy accessibility to Metro, public bus services, I-495, I-270 and DC. Important medical institutions located in Bethesda include the National Institutes of Health and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Bethesda is known for a wide array of restaurants, and notable schools, institutions and businesses. Bethesda Urban Partnership (BUP) provides a wealth of information about the community including special events and entertainment. From maps and farmers markets…to the latest shops and restaurants you’ll find what makes this community one of the best in the nation. Read more at bethesda.org.
More Bethesda Resources
- Montgomery County Schools: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Chamber of Commerce: http://www.bccchamber.org/
- Imagination Stage: http://imaginationstage.org/
- Bethesda Hotels: http://www.bethesda.org/bethesda/hotels
- Bethesda Row: http://bethesdarow.com/
- Movie Theaters:
Landmark – http://www.landmarktheatres.com/washington-d-c/bethesda-row-cinema
Fandango – http://www.fandango.com/regalbethesda10_aadxy/theaterpage
- The Writer’s Center: http://www.writer.org/writers-center